Self storage units can be hugely helpful for your everyday life, be that from a home owners point of view or a business and commercial point of view. Whether you’re a business or an individual, there are a whole host of ways in which self storage units can help you streamline and improve your life.
However, you need to make sure you are making the right use of the right facility, and that includes making sure your items and stuff is stored correctly. If you mess up here, you could find yourself dealing with unnecessary, unneeded stress, hassle and cost.
Forward planning is important, as the old adage says, failing to plan is planning to fail.
No one likes living in clutter. There’s a reason we all find hoarders on Channel Four so interesting. It’s insanely difficult to live in much cluttered spaces. Self storage can make things such as simply running out of storage space, due to inheritance, or someone moving in, or making moving house a lot less troublesome. A lot of people will rent somewhere short-term between homes, and as such they’ll find themselves with less room for their possessions, and no desire to unpack them all for the several months they’ll be staying in this temporary accommodation.
This is where affordable, local, secure self storage can save the day, by providing a great intermediary storage location, and taking one more hassle off your plate.
The key benefits of utilising a great self storage facility for your business are wide and myriad. Using them right can remove any need for a huge stockroom in an urban location where space is at a premium cost, as well as the need for private warehouses. On top of this, self storage locations aren’t just perfect for stock, but equipment as well. If you’re struggling to find somewhere ideal for storing potentially expensive kit, self storage could have you covered. The security brought to the table by a great storage establishment is hard to replicate.
With elements such as computerised access, extensive CCTV and on-site staff, you’d be hard pressed to find somewhere safer or more secure. And let’s not forget that plenty of self storage places offer a range of guarantees and offers to commercial customers, as they know they can expect long term, reliable business from them.
Self storage units are also incredibly useful in a non-commercial, domestic settings. When it comes to moving house, and not having room to store all your stuff, or if you’ve inherited a lot of things, and you have nowhere to store them. Maybe one of your kids is moving back home from university, and you long since converted their room to a gym or study? Self storage can be an easy, quick and cheap solution, stress free.
There are a number of great tricks to making the most of your self storage unit, regardless of whether you’re a commercial or domestic customer, there are a number of key things to evaluate, compare and choose between different self storage establishments.
- Choose the right unit size. Evaluating the scale and size of the things you’re going to be storing is important, as well as storing things smart, with stackable boxes, etc. You really don’t want to be paying for a unit bigger than you need.
- Look at the security features, such as CCTV, onsite staff, computerised gate access, security lighting, and individually alarmed storage units. All these are important decision making factors.
- Accessibility is important, check whether you can get a larger vehicle right up to your unit, and whether or not the place has twenty four hour gate access.
- Find a balance between cost and price, and rural or urban facilities. Closer urban ones will be more expensive, as space is at a premium, but rural ones will be more awkward to get to.
- You need to make sure your items are stored at the correct temperature.
- If they need to be kept out of sunlight, you should make sure there’s no windows.
- Make sure that if your stuff is prone to damage by moisture, that you can have the humidity regulated.